It is essential that you first find out what type of skin you have to know the right skin care tip, products and techniques that will keep it glowing, radiant and beautiful. The skin is a living organ able to regenerate itself so natural procedures and materials are important to support its basic processes and functions. Effective approaches and skin care products will focus on all 3 layers for well-rounded results.
Treatment for Different Skin Types
1. Normal skin means that your skin has enough moisture and can easily adjust to various temperatures. Characteristics of normal skin would be oily skin in the T-zone, dry taut cheeks and alters with the weather or seasons. It tends to be dryer during the cold months and weather and oilier during the hot months and weather.
This is not the same as combination skin and can also be referred to as normal-to in which it can be normal to oily or normal to dry. The most useful skin care tips for this type would be application of moisturizer and alcohol-free hydrating toner all over your face.
2. Oily skin is the most common type characterized by a lot of shine and vulnerability to pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. The skin will then have coarser texture as well as larger pores should the person cleanse or take out dirt. Oily skin attracts and stores more dirt compared to dry skin.
The best skin care tip for it would be to wash your face 2 times a day with gentle non-foaming cleanser and warm water. Remove other residue by using alcohol-free hydrating toner. Do not keep washing your face throughout the day or you risk drying out your skin. Blotting sheets will help control shine in between washing.
3. Dry skin is characterized by few or non-existent breakouts, dehydration, flaking, scaling, sensitivity to the sun and lack of elasticity. This skin type is more vulnerable to cold temperature and the wind. It can easily be damaged, wounded or break due to external elements. Use rich creamy cleansers and warm water to wash your face in morning. Pat your skin dry with a towel and never rub too hard. Stay away from toners with alcohol as well as other alcohol-based products that will dry up your skin more. Wash once a day then apply toner.
Treating Special Skin Types
4. Combination skin is the presence of 2 extreme skin types on the face such as having a lot of oil and acne on a particular part while the surrounding areas are very dry. People can have a combination of dry and oily skin type so you have to treat each type just the same by area. Dry spots should be washed with creamy cleanser and warm water before using alcohol-free toner. Oily spots should be washed with non-foaming cleanser followed by alcohol-free hydrating toner. You may treat the oily skin first followed by washing the dry areas an hour later.
5. Sensitive skin is described as having allergic reactions to certain skin care products, the sun, weather and wind. Characterizing features include rashes, redness, acne, dilated capillaries and inflammation. Always rely on natural fragrance-free hypoallergenic products like cleansers, moisturizers and masks. Use these once on a daily basis. The goal is to soothe with ingredients such as rosemary, thyme, aloe vera, chamomile, bisabolol, lavender, camphor and calamine.
Additional Tips for Great Skin All-Year-Round
Skin care tips also include intake of sufficient nutrients that enhance chemical and hormone production in the body. Adequate substances in your system will ensure balance so that circulation, metabolism and other processes can deal with stress properly thereby preventing disease and skin breakouts.
Eat lots of natural foods like fruits and vegetables and drink at least 8 glasses of water to stay hydrated. Regular exercise is important in getting rid of extra water and free radicals. Sweating will eliminate toxins through your skin thereby giving you better tone and complexion. Sleep regularly at least 8 hours every night to reduce stress and soothe your skin. Stay away from cigarettes, polluted areas, alcohol and harmful drugs.
Another useful skin care tip for women would be to use only alcohol-free makeup. Wash your face immediately after getting home. Shavers and pillowcases can also harbour irritants so make sure that these are clean before use.