While thinking about what awesome skin care tip I could give you that would just have you in awe at my vast knowledge of skin care, I came up blank.

So instead, I came up with three skin care tips that probably won't amaze you, but they're still very important to know.

First Tip -- Moisturizing

My first skin care tip is one that I wish someone had told me a long time ago.

Here's the tip: stay away from products containing mineral oil.

Let me explain why. Mineral oil is a very low quality moisturizing ingredient that temporarily gives your skin a feeling of moisture. Many, many, many companies use mineral oil because it's cheap.

But, mineral oil clogs your pores and does not allow your skin to eliminate harmful toxins. It traps bacteria and can lead to acne flare-ups (like it always did with me).

Over time, it also strips away the skin's protective barrier, making the skin dry, flaky, and vulnerable to bacteria, molds, and viruses.

Here's another skin care tip: use products that contain natural plant oils as moisturizing ingredients.

I've found that natural plant oils are wonderful moisturizers that complement our own moisture and do not leave a greasy residue, but rather give the skin a velvety soft feel.

Second Tip -- Anti-Aging

Here's the next skin care tip: stay away from anti-aging creams containing collagen as an active ingredient; they don't work.

Yes, it's true that collagen is important to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. But here's a fact about collagen: research has proven that the molecules are too large to be absorbed through the skin. So creams containing collagen don't work.

Here's what will work: there's a new ingredient on the market contained in a few products that stimulates your body to begin producing more collagen from within the skin.

Results have been awesome for the people that have used products containing this ingredient. This is just one more indication that the area of research in skin care is advancing.

Third Tip -- Questionable Ingredients

Unfortunately, skin care products aren't regulated as heavily as pharmaceutical drugs. There are a number of dangerous ingredients that you can find in many common products.

So here's my next skin care tip: check each product for parabens and other carcinogens, as many companies still use them.

A team of English researchers did a study and detected parabens in breast tumors (Journal of Applied Toxicology, Darbre 2004). So, if researchers found parabens in cancerous tumors, then why are companies still using them as preservatives? I guess it's because they're cheap.

Other carcinogens you can find in skin care products are 1,4-dioxane, some fragrances, acrylamide, and DEA, MEA, and TEA.

I hope you found my skin care tips helpful and informative. I believe this is information that we all need to know if we're going to buy skin care products. If you're interested in more skin care information, please feel free to visit my website.