Who wants to look older than they feel? Here is a look at some of the top skin care tips for reducing wrinkles, moisturizing dry skin, and shrinking those bags that appear under the eyes. Of course, the best tip will be the one that works for you! Try these on for size.
1. Don't smoke, and if you do, make every effort to quit. You already know that smoking is harmful to other aspects of your health. Slowing down the wrinkles is one more reason to kick the habit. It might not reverse the damage already done, but it is still an important skin care tip.
2. You do not have to wash your face frequently when you are getting older. Oiliness and acne are generally not the problem they were earlier. Frequent washing with soap is very drying, but warm water alone can do a wonderful job. Do be sure to remove your makeup before you go to bed.
3. With the recent improvements in anti aging skin creams, one thing that you may not have already heard is that many widely available products for aging skin contain a few important ingredients, but they are not used in a strong enough percentage to be effective. For instance, natural vitamin E is a great anti-wrinkle agent, but it needs to make up about one-half percent or more of the total skin cream. Few skin care creams contain this much of the vitamin.
4. A list of skin care tips would not be complete without this skin care tip: Use your skin care products regularly. If you use your moisturizer or night cream only once in a while, it won't have a chance to do its best to improve your skin. Use it every day faithfully.
5. Here's one idea you may not have heard. Your moisturizing cream will soak into your skin better if your skin is slightly moist and warm. A great time to apply skin care creams is right after you get out of the shower. Lightly pat your face dry, but don't get it too dry.
6. Skin care tips should remind you to handle your skin gently. One way you can do this is to remember to use your middle or ring finger to gently apply products to your face. Never pull on your skin or rub it hard. Sometimes it is easy to press too hard with the index finger because you use it for everything and it becomes strong.
7. Knowing the best diet to improve your skin and hold off wrinkling is another important skin care tip. Some foods you should eat for smooth, youthful skin are mono-saturated oils, fatty fish like mackerel, eggs, beans, whole grains, leafy vegetables, fresh fruit, low fat dairy products, and healthy fats like those found in olives, nuts, and avocados. In other words, like other health to-do lists, a list of skin care tips has to include that extra healthy diet!
Of course, the only skin care tips that will work are the ones you put into practice. The best tip might be simply to apply the tips!